Saturday, January 29, 2011

CotN Dark Eldar List. What it all means.



You have seen the list, but what does it all mean? What are these units and what do they do?
Here is a recap of the list and my breakdown...

Archon- huskblade, ghostplate armour, soul trap, combat drugs, shadow field, haywire grenades 
(160 points)

The archon is a beat stick. The huskblade and soul trap are just too intriguing for me not to use them. They allow him to instant kill anything he wounds and double his strength if it is an IC. The shadow field is awesome. The ghost armour is backup and maybe dropped. He will go in with the bloodbrides and make this unit superkilly!
Haemonculus- liquifier gun, scissor hands
(75 points)

I'm not 100% satisfied with this dude's loadout. He will deploy with the bloodbrides giving them FNP. After that he causes some issues. I first wanted him in the unit to add extra basic attacks and provide the flame template to "dig out" troops in terrain. Looking at it now, I see he does not have fleet and could slow down the unit. I may revisit his choice of equipment and other deployment options.
10 Kabalite Warriors- dark lance
Raider- flickerfield
(185 points)

Kabalite warriors are my scoring units. At only three, they are less than I originally planned on. Original loadout for them was 4 10 man units with splinter cannons. The raiders are going to deploy separately and go tank hunting. The warriors will be my 3rd choice to shoot at tanks. First being my ravagers and my raiders.


10 Kabalite Warriors- dark lance
Raider- flickerfield
(185 points)

10 Kabalite Warriors- dark lance
Raider- flickerfield
(185 points)

4 Kabalite Trueborn- 2 splinter cannons
Dracon- power weapon
Raider- flickerfield
(173 points)

So here is the weirdest choice in the list. I can see everyone saying why..... Well let me explain my thinking. I wanted anti infantry out of this unit. With 12 splinter cannon shots and the ability to assualt an infantry unit, I think they can preform their job. With only 4 models, they may get shot to death, but they are not dark lances, and maybe they will get ignored in the early game. 9 regular, and 5 power weapon attacks on the charge is ok too. This unit is also under review and may change or be eliminated.
3 Kabalite Trueborn- 2 darklances
(86 points)

Strictly anti tank. These guys are cheap and expendable. Original list was 3 of these units, but I wanted the extra kick of bloodbrides vs regular witches.

8 Hecatrix Bloodbrides- 1 hydra gauntlet, 1 shardnet & impaler
Syren- agonizer, phantasm grenade launcher
Raider- flickerfield
(234 points)

Ah the Bloodbrides. This is my rock. This could be the strength or weakness of the list. I am guessing this unit plus the 2 ICs could be the unstopable rock in the army. This is my hammer unit. Plan is to delay throwing them at the enemy till they commit and counter attack. This is my answer to assualt armies. The amount of attacks on the charge is impressive.... 6 huskblade attacks at int 7, 5 agonizer and 27 + 1d6 regular attack at int 6, 5 poison 3+ attacks at int 4. ouch!!

5 Scourges- 2 splinter canons
(130 points)

The mobility these guys have, and the amount of anti infantry firepower is awesome. 12 splinter cannon, and 9 splinter carbine shots. Bring on the big nids!!

Beastmaster- agonizer
5 Khymerae
(92 points)

My tarpit unit. The 4++ the khymerae have will keep them alive till the bloodbrides clean up.

Ravager- 2 disintegrater canons, flickerfield
(115 points)

The disintegrater cannons were already modeled. Still 6 strength 5 ap2 shots is nice. ( plus 1 strength 8 ap2)
Ravager- flickerfield
(115 points)

Anti-tank.

Ravager- flickerfield
(115 points)

Anti-tank.

So there you go. I may post up my first draft of them later. It was a shootier but less assualty force. I would love to hear any thoughts on these units.

No comments:

Post a Comment