Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Khornehusker army list thoughts.



Kirk: Khan!
Khan: You still remember, Admiral. I cannot help but be touched. I, of course, remember you.

This week I spent too many hours on army builder. I need to come up with a final list for the RTT in Omaha next month. I have a theme I like and I just need to tweak it a little.







To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!

Khan. One of the best villains ever. The name strikes fear into men. The name inspired me to add him to my 1750 Pedro list.
List time.......

Pedro Kantor
Kor'sarro Khan
5 man Honor Guard- razorback, relic blade, chapter banner

5 Sternguard- 2x combi meltas, 2x meltas, rhino, sargent with lightning claw
5 Assault terminators- 5 th&ss
Ironclad- drop pod, locator beacon

10 assault scouts- power weapon, 9 ccw
10 tactical marines- rhino, melta, missile launcher, sargent with power sword

Land Speeder- multimelta, heavy flamer
Land Speeder- multimelta, heavy flamer
Attack Bike- multi melta




He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!


How it plays.... Its a light armoured spear tip type army. Pedro allows sternguard to score when needed and stubborn. Khan's tactics will be used when I need to outflank, like vs IG or Tau. Khan rides with the Honor guard and gives them furious charge and hit and run, nasty. Pedro hangs with the Sternguard and throws his bubble +1 attack out on the HG and terminators.

I can outflank, deep strike almost everything, attack bike being the exception. This will allow me to deal with IG and other gunlines. I am not worried about assault armies and will need the stubborn there. I also will keep my army together vs them.

What do you think?

I needed to "beef" up my honor guards punch. Against assault units they were hitting hard, but the enemy was hanging around and getting help in the following rounds. I am trying a Cassius list also, but I think the  initiative 5 on the charge and strength 5 will help wipe out enemy forces. The hammers are there to take charges and be my "anvil". The honor guard are my "hammer". Vs a gunline army, every unit can assault.




Painting this week saw me get 3 hammer terminators finished. I needed to finish bases and details. Things to note on these 3 was I am out of 40mm resin bases. I did have some flat tumbled glass and I think they came out close.






I also primed up my scout unit and Cassius in case I choose to use him. I also have my Khan counts as to paint next weekend.

Later this week I will do a battle report, and an article on my thoughts about Grey Knights.

No comments:

Post a Comment