Thursday, July 14, 2011

In the end, it's just a game of toy soldiers.



In the end, it's just a game of toy soldiers. This is the phrase I have to remind myself of before games and before I open my mouth to argue rules disputes. I am a very competitive person, and while I do not stomp off after loosing a game, I really hate loosing.

A byproduct of me being competitive is I like to argue my point if I think I'm right. It's almost a mini game to me sometimes, it's my Mr Hyde. I have won a good number of sportsmanship awards and I have been scored low for rules questions or enforcing the 1 inch rule. Reminding myself of that phase has been a huge help in remembering the Dr Jekyll in me.

How does this pertain to you? Well, maybe it doesn't, maybe it does. The more I read on the Interwebs the more I think we all loose sight of what and why we play. Just remember, in the end, it's just a game of toy soldiers.

My 2 cents......

No comments:

Post a Comment