Saturday, June 11, 2011

Red Fluffy Bunny Army with a Big Chain Ax



So when I got into 40k way back in 1998, there was about 6 Khorne armies in our local group. They were all played by kids, and at the time I swore I would never play one. But I wanted to! They always looked cool, and the "charge ahead and slaughter everything" attitude was cool.


Now that my Crimson Fists are finished, and I'm just adding units to fill them out to 4000 points, I find myself wanting an assault army. I have never had a pure assault army. My lists aways turn into shoot/counter assault armies. I really want to play a true, all ahead forward, in your face, assault army.




I think painting them would be fun too. I love painting red and I recently figured a good method for gold, so I'm thinking the time is near for the blood god. I was looking at Blood Angels and I even have a stormraven, but I really want to get away from the false-emperor. With sister's of battle getting a redo, working on 2 Imperial armies is just too much.

Hobby wise,I'm liking the list and the possibilities. Bases could be really fun,and I have some ideas to challenge myself. My list will be simple, and mostly just bodies. That means it will not be an over night army. I plan on this being a very long term army over the next 2-3 years. My goal is to have it done when the Bman is old enough to play. So the list, lets see if I can post it up......

2000 Pts - Chaos Marines Roster

HQ: Chaos Terminator Lord (1#, 145 pts)
   1 Chaos Terminator Lord, 145 pts ; Personal Icon; Mark of Khorne; Lightning Claws (pair)

HQ: Kharn the Betrayer (1#, 165 pts)
   1 Kharn the Betrayer, 165 pts  Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Personal Icon; Mark of Khorne; Gorechild; Plasma Pistol; Blessing of the Blood God; Fearless; Furious Charge;

Elite: Chaos Terminators (5#, 470 pts)
   1 Chaos Terminators, 470 pts ; Terminator Armour; Icon of Khorne; Mark of Khorne; Deep Strike)
      2 Terminator Champion Terminator Armour; Mark of Khorne; Lightning Claws (pair) x2)
      2 Terminator Champion ; Terminator Armour; Mark of Khorne; Chain Fist x2; Combi-melta x2)
      1 Land Raider  Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; 2x Twin-linked Lascannons; Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Assault Vehicle)

Troops: Khorne Berzerkers (11#, 290 pts)
   9 Khorne Berzerkers, 290 pts  Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol x9; Close Combat Weapon x9; Fearless; Furious Charge)
      1 Skull Champion ; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Mark of Khorne; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol x1; Power Weapon; Fearless; Furious Charge)
      1 Rhino  Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Bolter; Combi-melta; Repair)

Troops: Khorne Berzerkers (10#, 269 pts)
   8 Khorne Berzerkers, 269 pts ; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol x8; Close Combat Weapon x8; Fearless; Furious Charge)
      1 Skull Champion ; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Mark of Khorne; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol x1; Power Weapon; Fearless; Furious Charge)
      1 Rhino Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Bolter; Combi-melta; Repair)

Troops: Chaos Space Marines (11#, 265 pts)
  9 Chaos Space Marines, 265 pts Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Icon of Khorne; Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Close Combat Weapon x9; Meltagun x2)
      1 Aspiring Champion ; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol; Bolter; Power Weapon)
      1 Rhino ; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Bolter; Repair)

Troops: Chaos Space Marines (11#, 265 pts)
 9 Chaos Space Marines, 265 pts  Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Icon of Khorne; Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Close Combat Weapon x9; Meltagun x2)
      1 Aspiring Champion ; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol; Bolter; Power Weapon)
      1 Rhino searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Bolter; Repair)

: Summoned Lesser Daemon (5#, 65 pts)
   5 Summoned Lesser Daemon, 65 pts ; Close Combat Weapon; Fearless)

: Summoned Lesser Daemon (5#, 65 pts)
   5 Summoned Lesser Daemon, 65 pts ; Close Combat Weapon; Fearless)








So it has a center piece that I want. 4 termies and a chaos lord in termie armour will be fun to paint. I love Landraiders for painting, one of my favorite vehicles to paint.

Kharn is a must have in a World Eaters force. Oh yeah I'm going World Eaters here with all units having the mark of Khorne.

2 Nice berserker units in rhinos, with Kharn going in one. Yeah I know I'm not using favored numbers. So this bunnie is missing and ear, get over it.

2 nice units of regular chaos marines with the mark of Khorne. I plan on head swaps here and I even have a pile of Khorne heads. These guys are pretty much my anti tank.....Just a couple meltas.

The 2 packs of daemons are there to simply give me some fun painting bloodletters.

Not much to this army. I know it will not win GT's but maybe it will be fun enough for local rtt and good painting scores.

Well that's my 2 cents. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment